100% Pure 2nd Skin Foundation Review
and Pink Grapefruit Whipped Body Butter Review
I love and support companies that create natural makeup products. There's nothing better than applying to your skin ingredients that feel so good. At least that's the feeling that I have. And this is the case with the makeup brand 100% Pure Cosmetics.
This is one of my favorite brands because they use fruit pigments for their beauty products. Not only that, but they are cruelty-free too! As an animal lover, and vegan this is really important in the beauty products that I buy.
I even mention these two 100% Pure products in my February Favorites but in this blog post I go more in detail about what I like about them...
100% Pure 2nd Skin Foundation Review
In the past I've tried the Fruit Pigmented Healthy Foundation in shade White Peach. It's an amazing foundation, but let me tell you why I like the 2nd Skin Foundation in shade Peach Bisque even more!
Before I even apply foundation I like to use jojoba oil to moisturize my skin. Then as I primer I either apply Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base or Reviva Labs Makeup Primer.
• Consistency - The consistency of the 2nd Skin Foundation is very watery. At first I really doubted it would work for me. I have a few acne scars that are still healing, and I didn't think this would do a good job at covering them. I'm glad it did....
• Coverage - The coverage is amazing! With one layer of 2nd Skin Foundation I feel like it's enough. On weekdays for my everyday makeup I use one layer. For weekends I tend to go for more coverage so I like adding two layers for extra cover.
• Lasting - I have combination skin, so I appreciate how well it stays on my face for hours.
• Ingredients - Some of the beneficial ingredients are: Olive, peach, apricot, cocoa beans, pomegranate, raspberry, wild cherry, coffee beans, black tea, rice, honeysuckle, rosemary, oregano thyme, lavender, calendula, vitamin E, turmeric, and more natural ingredients.
• 100% Natural - So natural, that I would leave it on my skin overnight. It has fruit pigments, and it's vegan. Yayyy, for not testing on animals!
• When I first opened the bottle of the 2nd Skin Foundation I had no idea how to get the product out. It seemed confusing to me, and I thought it had a pump. Then I noticed I had to unscrew the cap, and press on the pump so that the foundation dispenses through the wand. It was tricky for me at first, haha.
• Getting my clothes stained. As I mentioned in PROS, the consistency is very watery, which I don't mind, but if I'm not careful enough the foundation might drip on my clothes. It's happened to me before where I get dressed before I do my makeup, and I've had to change my top. So now when I apply the 2nd Skin Foundation I make sure to lean my head on the sink to avoid any accidents.
Do I recommend it? Absolutely! It seriously is the best foundation I have used. I love it because it's so natural, and at the same time it works really well on any skin type. It's so lightweight, but at the same time covers really well. The Fruit Pigmented Powder is the perfect way to make everything stay in place.
100% Pure Pink Grapefruit Whipped Body Butter
This is the first whipped body butter that I try from 100% Pure. The one that I bought is Pink Grapefruit Whipped Body Butter. Last year 100% Pure used to have a section called Scent of the Month were products had a 20% discount. I wish this promotion would be back because it was my favorite part of their site to check out, and see what to buy.
I was having really dry skin on my legs. Maybe because we had been having some cold days here in Miami, so I wanted to get a natural, and hydrating lotion to apply on my skin.
• 100% Natural - Literally, all the ingredients are so good. Some of the beneficial ingredients are: cocoa butter, avocado butter, shea butter organic argan oil, organic rosehip, organic aloe vera, vitamin E, açai berry, organic green tea, maqui berry, rosemary, oregano, thyme, pink grapefruit, and more.
• 100% Vegan - It's a cruelty-free brand, and has no ingredients derived from animals.
• This whipped body butter deeply moisturizes, softens, and protects.
• Lovely scent. When you open the bottle, it literally has a light citric scent. I love opening the bottle just to smell it! haha
• Consistency - The consistency of this body butter is kind of thick. Easy to apply, and doesn't leave an oily residue.
• The bottle design. I like the ease of opening the bottle.
I can't think of anything that I don't like about the Pink Grapefruit Whipped Body Butter, with the exception of what I found in it. Before I even opened the bottle, from the outside I could already see a hair inside. The bottle is semi transparent. When I opened it I was able to take out a thick black strand of hair. Hmmm....
Would I buy it again? Of course! Maybe next time I'll get a different scent of the whipped body butter. Very soon I'll start doing at-home laser hair removal, so this is the perfect body butter to apply to those areas after each session.
That's all for this review for some of 100% Pure products. I support 100% Pure for being a great vegan beauty option, and for being plant based. This is really a brand that I enjoy, and recommend all the time for being so natural. I really support brands like this because it helps our skin, and animals at the same time.
Thanks, and until next time!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube