Are you looking to make simple delicious chocolate from home? If so, you’ll enjoy this easy recipe to make your own chocolate!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Learn how easy it is to make your very own homemade chocolate with 3 essential ingredients: cocoa butter, cocoa powder, and a sweetener of your choice. You can easily make this vegan chocolate with the right plant based sweetener!
Not only is this method easy, but you need only a couple of ingredients, and some silicone molds of your choice.
This pos is all about how to make vegan chocolate.
Some common questions and answers…
How is vegan chocolate made?
Vegan chocolate is made without ingredients that come from animals. A typical chocolate bar should include chocolate liquor, sugar, cocoa butter (this natural cocoa fat is vegan!), and vanilla. The fewer ingredients, the purer and delicious the chocolate bar is!
Is vegan chocolate healthy?
Vegan chocolate tends to have fewer fats and calories than processed milk chocolate. A vegan chocolate is derived from cocoa butter combined with agave or maple syrups which makes it a healthier alternative.
Which chocolates are vegan?
Not only it’s easy to make your very own chocolate from home, but you can also find online affordable vegan chocolate options that are popular right now on Amazon.
- Alter Eco Quinoa Crunch
- Cocomels Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Bites
- Hu Chocolate Bars Vanilla Crunch Dark Chocolate
- UNREAL Dark Chocolate Coconut Bars
Is cocoa butter vegan?
Cocoa butter is naturally free of dairy, eggs, honey, and other animal-derived ingredients, making it perfect for vegans. Cocoa butter is the edible fat extracted from cacao beans. However, many products made with cocoa butter aren’t vegan, so it’s best to that you read the nutrition label before eating it.
Best Vegan Chocolate
What you will need to make your own chocolate:
- 1 cup Cocoa butter
- 1 cup Cacao powder
- 6 – 8 tablespoon Maple syrup or Agave *
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract**
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan salt
- Chop and melt the cocoa butter. You can melt directly in a small sauce pan in the microwave or over a low heat (for a more natural process). When it’s melted remove the cocoa butter from the heat. To make raw chocolate, melt the cocoa butter slowly over a water bath (see notes)***.
- When the cocoa butter has fully melted, whisk in the cocoa powder, agave or maple syrup, vanilla, pink salt and any additional flavors you might want to add. Stir until there are no remaining lumps of the cocoa powder.
- Pour the chocolate into silicone molds or lined muffin cups and transfer to the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Once the chocolate has fully hardened, pop it out of the molds and enjoy!
- Keep at room temperature or in the fridge to store away.
*Sweetener Type – You can experiment with how much and what type of sweetener to use in this recipe. You can use for example: brown sugar, stevia, etc.
***Melt over a water bath – You can place the cocoa butter in a glass bowl. Put the glass bowl over a pot to create a double boiler. Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir occasionally until fully melted.
Topping Ideas – Experiment by adding some toppings like coffee beans, sprinkles, etc. Use the main photo above as inspiration.
The benefits of homemade chocolate…
The fun thing about this recipe is that you can customize the chocolate by adding nuts, different flavor extracts, dried fruit, and more.
You get to make your own for a classic vegan chocolate bar or to package up some chocolate bars to give as a gift.
This post is all about how to make vegan chocolate.
Other Posts You May Like:
- How to Make Vegan White Chocolate (with only a few ingredients!)
- 50+ Best Vegan Cookbooks For Any Occasion
- My Favorite Kitchen Items from Amazon
- The Ultimate Vegan Grocery List
- 7 Kitchen Tools Every Vegan Needs
- Complete List of Vegan Resources
- See All the Latest Recipe Posts
PIN THIS POST: